The General Election is November 3rd
Your vote is your voice!
The Franklin County Clerk’s Office is encouraging all voters to vote by mail, or VOTE EARLY in person. These are two convenient ways to cast your ballot timely and securely. The mail-in voting system has been very successful and trusted for decades. To apply for a mail-in ballot please visit www.govoteky.com In-person EARLY VOTING will be conducted in the Franklin County Elections Headquarters located at 317 West Second Street. For more information call 502-875-8704, or visit www.govoteky.com
Here’s how to vote:
- REQUEST ONLINE: From now – October 9th – Log on to GOVOTEKY.COM to request your ballot. Once received, vote, then mail back to Franklin Co. Clerk, P.O. Box 338, Frankfort, KY 40602 or drop it by 315 West Main St. or 317 West Second St. by November 3rd, 2020
- REQUEST BY PHONE: From now until October 9th – Call 502-875-8704 to request your ballot. Once you receive, complete and mail back to Franklin Co. Clerk, P.O.b Box 338, Frankfort, KY 40602 or drop it by 315 West Main St. or 317 West Second St. by November 3rd, 2020
- EARLY IN-PERSON VOTING From October 13th to November 2nd -You can vote early in-person at the former Frankfort Plant Board Office, 317 West Second Street. No appointment necessary.
HOURS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Oct 13th – Nov. 2nd (Monday-Friday) 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Oct. 17th (Saturday) 8:00 AM – Noon
- Oct. 24th (Saturday) 8:00 AM – Noon
- Oct.31st (Saturday) 8:00 AM – Noon
Drop Box Locations
315 West Main St • 317 West Second St
** ELECTION OFFICER SIGNUP **
If you would like to view what your ballot will look like for the upcoming election please visit the Secretary of State’s website and view the Sample Ballots. Here you can not only find your personal ballot but a copy of each ballot in the entire state of Kentucky.
Voter Registration 502-875-8704
General Election: November 3, 2020
IF YOU INTEND TO VOTE IN PERSON, DO NOT REQUEST A MAIL-IN BALLOT:
According to Section 23 of the emergency regulations for this election, “Once a voter has requested a mail-in absentee ballot, the voter cannot vote in person unless the voter does not receive their requested ballot by October 28, 2020.”
NOTE: Kentucky State Board of Elections has opened the Portal early so that you can pre-apply. The ballots are currently being printed and will be mailed when ready. Mailing will begin in mid to late September.
The deadline to apply online for an Absentee ballot is October 9, 2020 no later than 11:59 p.m. EST.
Please use the additional links below to answer your election-related questions.
COUNTY ELECTION MAPS
Franklin County, KY GIS makes no representations, guarantees, or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, currency, or suitability of information provided via this website. Franklin County, KY GIS specifically disclaims any and all liability for any claims, or damages that may result from providing the website or the information it contains, including any websites maintains by third parties and linked to this website.
Franklin County, KY GIS does not endorse any of the products, vendors, consultants, or documentation referenced in this website. Any mention of vendors, products or services is for informational purposes only.