Note: for the most up-to-date information on processing times or delays due to COVID-19, for pre-printing applications, or for additional information from the National Passport Agency, please refer to the travel.state.gov website.
What to bring
- Yourself OR child and both parents if passport is for a child age 15 or under
- Certified birth certificate from the state where you were born
- Valid photo identification (If you don’t live in Kentucky, you will need 2 forms of ID)
- Passport photos (We can take your passport photo for an additional fee of $10.)
- A check for payment of the application fee (necessary for each application; make payable to the US Department of State)
- $35 (Application fee) + $10 (if the picture is taken in office) payable to Franklin County Clerk
- Routine Processing takes 10 to 12 weeks for processing and return. Cost is $110.00 for passport book age 16 and up and is valid for 10 years. For children age 15 and under, the cost is $80.00 and the passport book is valid for 5 years. Each passport application must be submitted with a separate check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State.
- Expedited Processing takes 4 to 6 weeks for processing and return. Cost is $187.56 for an adult passport – $110 (Passport book) + $60 (Expedite fee) + $17.56 (optional 1-2 Day Return Delivery) and $157.56 for children 15 and under ($80.00 + $60.00 + $17.56 (1-2 Day Return Delivery))
- An additional fee of $26.35 for overnight delivery to the passport facility is payable to the Franklin County Clerk’s Office.
- The postage fee is $9 for the first family member and $3 each additional, not to exceed $18.
Renewing your Passport
Passport renewals are executed by the passport holder, without needing to wait at an Acceptance Facility to have the paperwork completed. Check out this short video to learn more about renewing your passport!
As always, our Passport Office will be more than happy to look over the paperwork for you at no charge and provide an updated picture ($10 fee) to submit with the renewal.
For further information on renewing your passport, visit travel.state.gov.